Scripps Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Regional (SCOAR) Model
We are working to improve this web page currently.
- WW3 is coupled to WRF via COARE3.5 in the MYNN Surface Layer scheme (April 2021)
- Full WRF-ROMS-WW3 coupling is currently underway.
- The SCOAR is portable, which is designed to be applied to different geographic regions and under different climate regimes.
- The SCOAR coupler is an input-output-based file coupler with matching grids and land/sea masks.
- The SCOAR is currently running on WHOI High-Performance Computing Facility and NCAR Super Computing Facility